Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Happy D-Blog Day!

 Today is the annual DBlog Day.  The topic for those that do not scrapbook is: Why you feel the Diabetes Online Community is so important? especially to you personally?  Give examples of other diabetes involvement may you have, on or offline, how it helped you etc… How do you think “we” as an online community can band together to reach broader audiences to help even more people living with or affected by diabetes.

 I love this topic of discussion.  The reason I like it so much is that I am an outcast of the Diabetes Online Community.  The first part, Why you feel the Diabetes Online Community is so important?  I like how everything from food to working out and everything in between is discussed online.  The things I have learned to do and the supplies that help have been proven by others and they share their knowledge so that I don't have to make the same mistakes.  I love to share my camping and survival techniques so that other diabetics can propperly take a poop in the woods.
 I love the picture above.  Who would ever think about blinging out a gun rack?  Part two: Give examples of other diabetes involvement may you have, on or offline, how it helped you etc.  I have helped others cook in cast iron, to be aware of people with diseases, and live my life as an example of how diabetes does not slow me down one bit.  I want to be looked to as someone who will try almost anything once and am not scared to get my hands dirty volunteering.  Then there is the people I have taught how to poop in the woods.
 How do you think “we” as an online community can band together to reach broader audiences to help even more people living with or affected by diabetes.  I think the best thing "we" as an online community can do is stop being the usual web dwellers where websites and blogs, and communities stop arguing with each other and form a more open to everyone group of PWD's that bring our individual specialties to the table.  I get tired of emails from other diabetic bloggers telling me I am wrong or online communities yelling at me.  The internet is the easiest way to be angry and as diabetics we are already angry enough.  Lets put positive vibes on the internet and show each other what we have learned or ask for advice.  The best things I do with my diabetes I learned from others.
I just love Scentsy Frog.  He is always in the truck and buckled up!  I should get one of those diabetes bears and buckle him in the back with Scentsy Frog.
I think Princess Riley PuffinStuff and Archie say it best here.  Just relax and when your owner drops laundry on the floor make a dog bed out of it.  Archie wants to be a human so bad.  Look how he even makes a pillow and covers himself just like we do.  In the end we all still have diabetes and if you are reading this there still is hope for you and I.  Good luck everyone and happy diabetes blog day!

1 comment:

  1. ?? why do you think you are a DOC outcast?!
    and who the hell is sending you hate mail? you tell me and I'll go and punch them in the throat!

    p.s. I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete