Above is probably the only button I found in the wrong spot. It is really too close to the stitching to easily open and close. Now that I have a feal for the buttons the pack goes back to the tailor to get fitted with more snap buttons. I could not have been happier with the final result. The total so far is just ove twenty dollars and that includes the snap buttons and the sewing work.
Now I have used the pack with the broken zippers for the past 5 years without any issues. With the world of diabetes changing to more computers and equipment I opt to cary more backup supplies for any emergency that may arise. Also I am not a spring chicken any more and as a leader there is backup food and water for the entire group that needs a pack. Then maybe I just like to take too much crap while out backpacking. Who knows.