Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Am I the only One?

 So last weekend in Smithville, Texas at my Aunt and Uncles house I come across a garage sale.  OK so the garage sale was across the street and it was a guy with rusty stuff for sale.  I had to dig through his goods to see what he had.
 He showed me some benches he builds out of old lumber and they looked OK.  I just was not in the mood to pick up benches for 20 bucks.  He had boxes of old door hardware.  At the bottom of his door knob box he had this rusty door knob set that had a bullet hole in it.  I was instantly memorized.  He told me I could just have the door knob for free but, I wanted it to be a fair sale so I gave him a dollar.
With my awesome bullet hole door knob in hand I headed back to my Aunt and Uncles house for my grandmothers 95th birthday party and showed everyone what I had.  What I was greeted with was alot of wow, why did you give money for that, and why is there a bullet hole in it.  I was the only one that thought this was cool.  Then when I got back home to give it to my wife she had the same response.  In the end I was the only person that was thinking, why is this old door knob shot and how cool this is?  Why did someone shoot it?  Was his wife cheating on him?  How old is this?  Everyone else just thought I spent a quality dollar on some rust. 

No comments:

Post a Comment