Friday, September 16, 2011

I have never laughed so hard!

All I can say is WOW this is the funniest video on the Diabetic planet!  My wife last night was doing some surfing on her facebook and she turned up the speakers on the PC and played this funny video for me.  Now if you are diabetic everything in this video is so true that you laugh and laugh and laugh.  Then you cry because you know your mother has been in these situations.

I tell people all the time that diabetes is the one disease where everyone harasses you or makes fun of you for having.  No one goes into the cancer ward of the hospital and says they should have taken better care of themselves.  How many times have we heard "you shouldn't be eating that" or "my cousin has diabetes but he doesn't take care of himself and he lost a toe."  Now don't get me wrong, I am king diabetes joke maker.  I say if I have this disease than I get the jokes.  It is sad to read stories of diabetics that have low self esteem or are going through depression because of this.  I had alot of internal depression in high school and into my 20's.  I had to learn how to balance life, diabetes, job, and exercise.  The best thing I ever did was join a "type 1" support group that met once a month.  That was alot of fun because 90% of diabetes support groups are for type 2 and don't get me wrong but that is just one huge bitch sesion.  They are mad at the entire world and it becomes depressing to be in a room of people like that.  Once I accepted diabetes into my life (get the church and jesus angle of that statement) there was a relief and a new found goal.  That goal was to educate those around my life such as teachers, friends, and family.  Then I had to create a game plan for life.  What was I going to be when I grew up (I was in my early 20's at this time and taking college courses just to meet girls), and how I was going to get there.  I knew a career in the military or being a firefighter were not out of the question (ok military is out of the question) but I knew they were lower on my scale of potential jobs.  I needed health insurance and a job where I was in air conditioning and was stable.  I figured an accounting degree was a perfect fit.  There are never enough accountants in the world and every company needs one and it is stable, reliable work.  Then it was exercising and eating right'ish.  Now that experience has helped me forge the person that I am today and the best husband and father I can be.  The last thing was finding the girl that was right for a diabetic.  I used to read all those statistics that diabetics were like in the 87% percentile of getting a devorce.  Then I did not want a person that was going to treat me like a diseased person or like they were my parent. So finding the right lady was a challenge and I love my wife so much even if she is half as crazy as I am.  In my game plan for life, there was no option for divorce.  The money it costs and stress is just another nail in the coughin.  Also I have a great son that accepts me for who I am and also loves to camp every chance we get.  This diabetic is in a win-win situation with diabetes!

No comments:

Post a Comment