Thursday, May 19, 2011

Here is a picture of the REI halfdome 2 I spoke about in my earlier post.  This is a great tent with its double doors on each side and the vestibule that extends out on each side.  The tent is a little weighty at 5lbs 8oz.  Mine is the older version where the two poles are separate and there are clips to connect them at the top.  I would call this a good Texas cold weather, mild weather, and spring tent.  I switch to my Big Agnes seedhouse SL2 tent for the summer.  But back to the halfdome, I don't use this in warm and summer weather because there is about 0 breeze that gets in and I am an "old school" camper where I always have my fly on the tent no matter what the sky says.  A scout friend picked it up from a camper on Craigslist that he purchased with a backpack and shorty pad.  He sold me the tent at 35 bucks which was a good deal.  This tent is also good for us that are experienced hikers and are skilled at backpacking with a cot.  I can slide my cot in the doors and have enough room for my diabetes supplies to test myself during the night and the morning.  So on a Diabetic camper scale I give the REI halfdome a 4 syringes out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment