Friday, October 9, 2015

Ping Pong humor!

So I love going to my local rec center.  I have told you how I am not like captain athlete and stuff.  So going to a gym and feeling the burn is about four level's above my athlete grade.  So the rec center is full of random middle aged people like me fighting off the last bad meal that we ate.  Wednesday nights I like to swim, oh and I realized that the more a pool is used the less pee there is in it and the rec center has teams practicing all the time in it so they have to clean, treat, and remove the pee on a very regular schedule.  Anyways, Wednesday nights is also ping pong and bad mitten night at the rec center.  I love being in the locker room during ping pong talk.  I overheard a couple of guys talk about how you don't buy a ping pong paddle.  You buy the wood or polymer that you like, then the glue and the pad separate and make your ping pong paddle.  Therefore you can control the bounce and grip and all sorts of stuff.  I was fascinated with this conversation.  Oh, and they all carry the paddles in hilarious bags.  One guy has a metal pistol case he keeps his in and most guys have those toiletry bags with their paddles and balls in them.  About a month or so ago I was walking from my truck to the rec center and I heard the funniest conversation ever on the planet earth (or at least to me it was)!  Like three guys were walking up to the door at the same time I was, holding their shaving kits, I mean ping pong paddle bags.  Then a guy comes out by slamming the door open and all red faced saying in a loud ping pong voice: There is no F-ing ping pong tonight.  The other guys are like, what?  The red faced guy: They are F-ing redoing the basketball court floors again so they aren't having F-ing ping pong tonight.  The other guys join in: No F-ing ping pong tonight, but it is Wednesday night and that is always F-ing ping pong night.  Then another guy says, they just F-ing re-did the basketball courts, why couldn't they tell us last Wednesday that F-ing ping pong is going to be canceled for this Wednesday?  This was all I got from the conversation but, to hear grown men using the "F" word with ping pong and being mad as hell was absolutely hysterical.  How can anyone be mad and be able to say F-ing ping pong in a serious tone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment