Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Survival Pod

Well Merry day after Christmas everyone and I hope everyone is doing good.  I had a great time with family and friends in Oklahoma.  My sister and her husband got me this crazy awesome thing for Christmas called the "x-stream survival pod" which looks kind of like a monkeys fist mixed with a bit of a payode weave.  Then when I looked at it closer I finally understood it is a survival cocoon of 15 items that is wrapped in 550 paracord.

Here is what is inside:

"Tackle" your survival situation!
A fisherman's favorite key fob. This Survival Pod includes 16 survival tools!
  • 1 - 4cm D Shaped Carabiner
  • 1 - 1" Sharp Eye knife and sheath
  • 1 - 1" Fire Stick Flint
  • 1 - 6" Jute Firestarter/Tinder
  • 1 - 6" Strip of Duct Tape
  • 1 - 15ft of 550 Parachute Cord
  • 1 - 1 1/4" sewing needle
  • 1 - Daredevil Lure
  • 1 - #6 Live Bait Hook
  • 1 - #8 Live Bait Hook
  • 2 - Split Shot, tin, removable fishing weights
  • 1 - 15ft of mono-filiment fishing line
  • 1 - 1 gram of reusable hot glue
  • 1 - 12" steel green snare wire
  • 1 - 1 1/2" hacksaw blade
  • All Wrapped into a Compact Take Anywhere Zipper Pull
  • Available in Black or Orange

  • Now the only thing is I have to take their word on all this stuff that is listed as inside the pod because once you unravel the paracord you will never get it back the way it came.  I am going to do some research on the YouTube to see if someone does this crazy knot and maybe I can replicate it myself.  This was a neat unexpected Christmas gift.

    Here is the website:  www.bisondesigns.com

    No comments:

    Post a Comment